Take on the Captain Tom 100 Challenge
Captain Tom’s incredible fundraising challenge touched the nation. His story had a massive impact on people from all walks of life, including our very own superstar fundraiser, Tony Hudgell.
Inspired by Captain Tom, the six-year-old set out to walk 10km for Evelina London. His parents Paula and Mark thought he would raise £500. Tony’s first steps on his newly fitted prosthetic legs would take him on a £1.5 million journey towards making a long-lasting impact for Evelina London.
Nearly one year on, Tony is taking on a new challenge to honour the man who inspired him and is challenging you to do the same.
Join Tony and take on the Captain Tom 100 challenge for Evelina London!
All you need to do is dream up a challenge based around the number 100.
Walk 100 laps of your garden just like Captain Tom, swim 100 lengths or sing for 100 minutes. There are endless ways for you to take on the challenge.
Make the challenge your own and join Tony and all our supporters between Friday 30 April and Monday 3 May.
How your money makes a difference
Whatever your fundraising target, you can make a massive difference to the Evelina London family by taking on the Captain Tom 100 challenge.
- Every £30 you raise could give a coronavirus patient access to some home comforts during their stay in hospital, as well as a pack of essentials for when they go home.
- Every £50 you raise could help provide one hour of psychological support, or one hour of sleep therapy so that our staff’s mental and physical needs are met.
- Fundraising £100 could help provide 10 hard-working members of staff a moment of relaxation in a dedicated wellbeing zone, where they can rest and recharge with a complimentary hot drink and healthy snack.
Not sure what to do?
We've put together some quick and easy to organise sponsorship ideas to help you fundraise.
Ideas for the whole family
- Garden for 100 minutes
- Wear 100 layers of clothing
- Walk 100 laps of your garden, park or house
- Complete 100 chores around the home for Evelina Mum/Dad/Carer to donate (suggestion) £30
- Pick 100 pieces of litter locally
- Gaming for 100 minutes
- 100 jumps on your trampoline (or 100 flips!)
- Bake 100 cupcakes and sell to friends and family
- Recycle or sell 100 unwanted / unused items in your home and donate the proceeds to Evelina
Looking for a bit of a challenge?
- Jump 100 burpees in 100 minutes
- Learn 100 words in another language
- Plant 100 seeds
- Eat 3 cream crackers in 100 seconds (without water)
Get in touch with our Fundraising Team and find out more by emailing us on email@example.com.